Mila micro-sliced chia seed is a super food that is gluten-free, trans-fat free, sugar-free, and a superior plant-based source of protein and fiber. Mila uses different varieties of the chia seed to provide a wide array of nutrients. By combining these chia seed varieties, you get a nutritionally robust product.
Because of its mild flavor, Mila is a versatile ingredient that can be incorporated into a variety of dishes to enhance their nutritional value. Just how nutritious is Mila?
- Gram for gram, Mila is one of the richest whole-food sources of dietary fiber and omega-3 fats (ALA).
- The fiber found in Mila is predominantly insoluble fiber, a form of fiber that is especially beneficial to the digestive tract. It supports intestinal regularity and promotes good bowel health, slows digestion of food to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels, and supports weight loss by helping you feel full for a longer period of time.
- Studies have illustrated improved cardiovascular health among those with a high intake of ALA containing foods like Mila.*
Below are some recipes using Mila; you can also try Mila in your recipes. Add Mila as a substitution to an ingredient already in a recipe. You can also use it as an addition without taking away from the flavor or consistency of the original recipe. Add to cereals, smoothies, beverages, and salads. Learn more about Mila here.
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Mila
- 1 Tablespoon organic coconut milk powder
- 1 cup water
- Honey, if desired
- Add the coconut milk powder and water to a small pot and boil.
- Whisk the Mila into the liquid.
- Reduce heat; whisk again after a few minutes.
- Leave the mixture until it thickens.
- Drizzle with honey.
NOTE: As a fun alternative, feel free to add cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and/or dried fruit to the recipe.
- ¾ cup almonds, unsalted
- ¼ cup pistachios, unsalted, shells removed
- ¼ cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup raisins (or dried cranberries)
- 1 scoop 360 Complete Shake (flavor of your choice)
- 1 Tablespoon Mila
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Grind the almonds and pistachios in a food processor until course, about 30 – 40 seconds.
- Add the dates and the raisins and grind again for another 30 seconds.
- Next, add the 360 Complete Shake, Mila, applesauce and coconut oil. Grind for an additional 30 seconds until the mixture is well combined, moist and slightly sticky (If the mixture is not moist enough add about ½ Tablespoon more of coconut oil and mix again).
- Remove the mixture onto a large cutting board.
- Place a large piece of wax or parchment paper over the mixture and using a rolling pin, roll into an even thickness.
- Cut into 6-8 bars and leave on the cutting board. Place the board in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and wrap individually in saran wrap.
- To ensure shape and freshness, store the bars in the fridge for up to one week or in the freezer for up to two months.
- Optional: Add chocolate chunks if using chocolate 360 Complete Shake.
- 1 scoop Mila
- 1 lb. fresh fruit
- Up to ¼ cup honey
- Prepare your fruit, thoroughly washing it and removing any stems, pits, or tough skin.
- Place your fruit in a pot and heat on medium, stirring frequently, until the fruit begins to soften.
- Continue to heat the fruit, mashing periodically, until it becomes liquefied.
- Taste the liquid and add honey until it reaches desired level of sweetness.
- Stir Mila into liquid, place in an airtight container, and store in the fridge.
- Note: if jam is still not thick enough after sitting in the fridge, additional Mila may be added to increase thickness.
Do you have a favorite Mila recipe to share, or a way to incorporate Mila into your favorite meal?
Find more delicious recipes here: https://livepure.com/recipes.