In honor of Valentine’s Day and Heart Health Month, let’s talk about the heart. Having a healthy heart is so important. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women.1 Here at PURE, we ‘whole-heartedly’ believe that education is critical to keeping our hearts as healthy as can be.
We know that being physically active and eating a healthy diet are ‘musts’ for heart health. Other recommended lifestyle changes include quitting smoking, exercising to maintain a healthy weight, limiting stress and alcohol use, having our cholesterol and blood pressure frequently checked, among other things.
We can also add the following products by PURE to our daily routine for optimal wellness. Each contains ingredients that support heart health.
Heart-healthy products by PURE:
- Mila – This micro-sliced chia contains the omega-3 fat ALA, or “alpha-linolenic acid,” which has been shown to support heart health. In fact, studies have illustrated improved cardiovascular health among those with a high intake of ALA-containing foods, like Mila. Find recipes here: https://livepure.com/recipes. Read more about Mila here: https://gplivepure.com/2016/04/13/mila-the-super-sprinkle/.
- GPS Circulate – This sports performance supplement contains L-arginine, an important amino acid, helps facilitate blood circulation. Read more about amino acids here: https://gplivepure.com/2017/10/17/ingredient-spotlight-amino-acids/.
- Daily Build – This comprehensive vitamin supplement, part of CORE4, offers cardiovascular support from eight forms of vitamin E, lycopene, coenzyme Q10, magnesium, iodine, niacin, vitamins B6, B12 and folic acid.* Read more about Daily Build here: https://gplivepure.com/2016/04/04/daily-build-is-much-more-than-a-multi/.
- CalciuMK+ – This liquid supplement offers the Rapid Delivery of magnesium and vitamin K2 which are important for regulating nerve and muscle function, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure already in normal range.*
- Acai – Acai berries naturally provide omega fatty acids 3, 6, and 9 which are essential for good health. Omega-3s may be beneficial for the heart.* Omega-6 (linoleic acid) and omega-9 (oleic acid) may help maintain blood cholesterol levels already within normal range.* Read more about the acai berry here: https://gplivepure.com/2017/12/20/ingredient-spotlight-acai-berry/. Acai is also included in Fusion.
Take these additional steps to show your heart even more love.2
Avoid trans fats – Trans fat clogs your arteries by raising your bad cholesterol levels and lowering your good cholesterol levels. Cut these out of your diet to improve blood flow. Food to avoid include packaged baked goods, snack goods, margarines and fried foods. Read food labels and look for partially hydrogenated oils, which are trans fats.
Brush and floss your teeth every day – It’s been shown that people with periodontal disease have the same risk factors for heart disease. Bacteria in your mouth can move into the bloodstream and can cause inflammation in the blood vessels.
Get adequate sleep – Studies suggest that lack of sleep may cause disruptions in biological processes, including blood pressure and inflammation. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep most nights. MelaTrim sleep and weight-loss support is a combination of herbs, amino acids, minerals and melatonin that together help the body get adequate sleep and burn calories naturally while sleeping.*
Avoid second-hand smoke – Chemicals from cigarette smoke promote the development of plaque buildup in the arteries.