Plan your Mother’s Day meal with our delicious recipes below. These are some of our favorites that use Mila, a superior plant-based source of protein and fiber, and GoYin, a superfruit traditionally used to help bring the body into balance and enhance overall well-being.*
Almond Butter Mila Quinoa Cookies
Try this alternative to chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are quick, easy to make, and fun to get the kids involved with! Using gluten free oats and allergen free chocolate chips, these cookies can be gluten, egg, and dairy free. Unlike the traditional cookie shape, these cookies do not spread or flatten and will retain a larger mound shape from when they are placed on a pan
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 cup rolled oats, blended in food processor
- 1 scoop Mila
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cooked quinoa, almond butter, and honey
- Add oats, Mila, and salt, and combine well
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix well
- Scoop (or use wet hands) 1 tbsp of dough onto lined baking pan
- Place cookies close together as they will not spread.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 – 20 minutes.
NOTE: Don’t be afraid to experiment and add a handful of dried cherries or cranberries, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, or nutmeg.
Warming Baked Pineapple and GoYin
Foods and herbs are categorized as cooling or warming in Traditional Chinese herbal practices. Cooling or warming foods may be eaten for a specific, desired result. Traditional Chinese herbal practices are to eat more warming foods during the winter to offset the cooling effect of the season. This recipe uses warming ingredients which are cooked to enhance their warming effect.
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into spears
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup GoYin
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 3 tsp fresh, pureed ginger
- Place pineapple spears in baking dish; pour GoYin over the pineapple and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Place ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg on top of pineapple and bake at 450° for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.
Find more delicious dishes using a variety of our products here. Do you have any recipes to share, please pass them on!