Every year, there are new trends in fitness and nutrition that take the world by storm. Last year it was coconut oil, juice cleanses, barre workouts, meditation, and bone broth, just to name a few. What will become mainstream in 2017?
Let’s look ahead. Have you ever heard of or taken a sound bath? Hint…there is no water involved. A sound bath is a type of meditation that employs sound waves (more on that below). You will likely see these in 2017, along with wellness vacations, magnesium supplements and adaptogenic herbs.
The biggest trend of all?
Genesis PURE’s new Rally28™ weight-management system, of course! This easy, flexible, 28-day program helps you reach your weight-loss goals with products that feature Craving-Control Technology, help you burn fat and curb cravings, and help you power through fatigue. It has everything you need including a blender bottle so you can take your meals on the go, and a tape measure so you can track your results.
Participants everywhere are throwing their unhealthy habits into reverse and getting back on track to a lifestyle of Whole Health. They are learning the secret to a healthy lifestyle, from the help of Genesis PURE’s top-quality products, satisfying eats, tracking tools, and a supportive community. Learn more here.
More trends you will see in 2017
- Adaptogens. These are botanical compounds from nature that help the body handle stress and fight fatigue, slowly and gently. Much like a thermostat works to balance the temperature inside a home, adaptogens help balance the body’s adrenal system, which is in charge of managing the body’s response to stress and fatigue. Genesis PURE’s Moomiyo Edge, a product in the GPS line, combines moomiyo extract, an adaptogen, with an array of other adaptogens such as golden root, reishi, cordyceps and codonopsis to boost your workout performance and help improve recovery time.* Ginseng is also an adaptogen which is used in many Genesis PURE formulations. ENERGY contains American ginseng. ENERGY contains Indian ginseng, or Ashwagandha (an adaptogen). Daily Build, Fasting Solution and ENERGY contain Siberian ginseng.
- The wellness vacation. These all-in-one vacation/spa/retreat/boot camps are a popular way to refresh the mind and body. Companies such as Well & Being are bringing customized fitness, nutrition, integrative medicine, mind-body therapies, and advanced skincare to luxury resorts. Even Marriott hotels offer amenities such as air purifiers, organic mattresses and posture-supportive flooring, for a minimal upgrade.1
- Dream meditation. This new kind of meditation is all about training your brain to dream consciously. Dream Reality Cinema, is a company hoping to help teach us how to lucid dream (control exactly what happens in your dream). This new form promises to unlock information stored in the subconscious while helping with sleep and stress disorders.
- Magnesium. Americans are deficient in magnesium which can cause negative side effects like muscle cramping and insomnia. Magnesium helps relax muscles for restful sleep and regulates blood pressure already in normal range.* A great way to get your magnesium is by taking Genesis PURE’s Coral Calcium liquid dietary supplement.
- Sound Baths. This is a trendy form of meditation that utilizes sound waves to put the body into harmony. The vibrations from crystal bowls, which are “played” with a mallet in various patterns is thought to reduce anxiety, pain and aid sleep disorders.
- Longevity Foods. This is a new name for superfoods. Things like black garlic, avocado oil, nutritional yeast, dragonfruit will make a big difference in diets everywhere. Black garlic has been aged and is loaded with more antioxidants the raw garlic. Avocado oil contains high concentrations of unsaturated fats and vitamin E. Nutritional yeast is packed with nutrition, particularly B-vitamins, folic acid, selenium, zinc, and protein. It is low in fat and contains no added sugars or preservatives. It tastes great on popcorn or added to soups, gravies, and sauces. Dragon fruit contains Vitamin C, phosphorus, calcium, fiber and antioxidants.
- Boot camps. Getting a full-body training session in a team environment is really popular. Plus, you will meet like-minded people. When they see you are missing, it gives accountability a community vibe.
Do any of these inspire you to try something new? If there is a trend we did not mention and you would like to share, please do so.
One thing is for sure. These trends all point toward a shift to a healthier lifestyle, something important to all of us here at Genesis PURE. We believe that experiencing a life of Whole Health all comes down to the basics: getting proper nutrition, quality exercise and adequate sleep.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.