We’ve got to make our delicious food last! You’re probably familiar with the phrase, “Stop and smell the roses.” Have you ever stopped to really savor your food? Eating slower and thinking about your food can help with weight problems and may even help some people make healthier choices.
Do you come home from work and head straight for the cupboard for a snack? Do you keep snacks at your desk and munch while surfing the Internet? We live hectic lifestyles making it hard to keep our bodies functioning and achieving a lifestyle of Whole Health. When you are eating mindlessly, it’s to lose attention to what we’re eating and why.
When we are mindful about our food, we engage all of our senses. We notice the smells, flavors, colors, sounds and textures. We chew slowly and eat without distractions, like reading or watching TV. We are aware of what is on the table, what is going into your mouth, and how much you are eating. Being mindful of our emotions helps us recognize when we are eating because of anxiety or sadness. But what we probably need to do is talk to a friend, take a walk, play some music, take a warm bubble bath, or diffuse Genesis PURE’s Lavender Essential Oil to create a relaxing environment.
There are other things we can do to increase mindfulness:
- Set your kitchen timer to 20 minutes, and use that time to eat a normal-sized meal.
- Try eating with your non-dominant hand; if you’re right handed, hold your fork in your left hand.
- Take three deep breaths between bites.
- Think about the production of your meal, from nature to farmer to grocery store.
- Take small bites and chew slowly.
- Before opening the fridge or cupboard, ask yourself if you are really hungry? Could you go for a walk instead, or read a book?
- Reserve time for meals and stick to them.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Participate in Rally28, Genesis PURE’s premier weight-loss system offering a simple, yet effective way to help you change your body and your life. This winning combination of Genesis PURE’s proprietary Craving-Control Technology and sustainable fat-burning ingredients support weight loss while you develop healthier habits for real, lasting results. Learn more at www.rally28.com.
How does mindful eating help solve weight issues?
The simple act of slowing down allows you to think first before you act, which gives you a chance to make a healthier choice. Many people who struggle with food react mindlessly to their thoughts and feelings. They are not fully aware that they’re eating because they are sad or anxious. They don’t pause to ask the question, “Am I really hungry?” They usually aren’t, but they are eating to appease the emotion. Being mindful empowers you to look for options that are healthier and work better for you.
Give your body what it needs to live a lifestyle of Whole Health. Genesis PURE is here to help.
This article is for nutrition information purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with any health concerns you may have. The information in this article is not intended to promote any specific product, or for the prevention or treatment of any disease. Highlights taken from studies should not be viewed as scientific fact, but rather as the author’s interpretation of a scientific study. The validity of study information is not guaranteed nor are the author’s views guaranteed to be aligned with those of the researchers that published the study.