Calling all Super Chefs, get out your capes (or aprons) and get ready to cook up a storm with Genesis PURE’s Mila, a Super Food!
Today, September 13, is National Kids Take over the Kitchen Day, so we thought it would be fun to share some Mila recipes that kids can easily make, and have a taste kids will love! As a parent, you can help educate your children on the importance of nutrition as you cook by their side. Pint-sized bodies need a chock-full of nutrients, and Mila provides that nutrition in a small package.
Genesis PURE™ Mila is so versatile, even children can cook with it. And because Mila has an incredibly mild, nutty flavor, children will enjoy adding it to their favorite foods. The calcium, protein, and healthy fats in Mila also give young growing bodies the nutrition they need.
Facts about Mila:
- Is a whole, raw super food and a natural source of omega-3s, antioxidants, and phytonutrients.
- Is a blend of different crops of chia seed to help maximize nutrient density.
- Contains 3 grams of protein.
- Contains a good source of magnesium and phosphorous — both important nutrients for bone health.
- Contains 3 grams of ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) omega-3 fatty acid. Omega-3 fatty acids play a crucial role in normal growth and development and brain function.
- Is a great vegetarian substitute for fish oil.
- According to the USDA, chia seeds contain a significantly higher percentage of fiber than corn, rice, oats, wheat, or barley. Fiber helps promote satiety and relief from occasional constipation.
- Mila can provide your diet with plant-based fiber and protein.
Mila-licious trail mix parfaits
- ½ – 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon Mila
- ½ cup large cashew pieces
Directions: Divide the yogurt between two small bowls or cups of choice. Top the yogurt with half of the strawberries, sprinkle with half of the Mila and half of the cashew pieces. Repeat the layers with the second half of each ingredient. Enjoy these as an after-dinner dessert, or a weekend snack.
Mighty Mila energy balls
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
Directions: Stir together the almond butter, honey, and coconut flour. Stir in the coconut. Roll dough into small balls. Place almonds pieces in a small bowl, and roll balls in it. Enjoy! These are a great snack to put into their lunch boxes.
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Mila
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Air-popped popcorn
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
Directions: Finely ground the yeast, Mila, salt, paprika, and garlic. Drizzle popcorn with oil and sprinkle with the spice mix to coat. Movie night is never complete without a big bowl of popcorn!
Get creative with Mila. Add it to brownie mix. Mix it into tuna or chicken salad. Sprinkle it on cereal. Cooking time with your children is quality time. While you are teaching them basic skills, you will also be educating them on the importance of nutrition.
Do you have a favorite Mila recipe you’d like to share? Put it into the Comments section. To learn more about Mila and other Genesis PURE products, visit www.genesispure.com today.