Genesis PURE’s dark and delicious Goji juice adds a tinge of sweetness to this mouth-watering soup. You can also benefit from the berry’s protective phytonutrients for general health and well-being.
The goji berry has been historically called the “happy berry” for the sense of well-being one feels after consumption.
- 1 cup of Genesis PURE Goji juice
- 230g (1 cup) chopped tomatoes
- 450ml (3/4 pint) vegetable stock (more if needed)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 small chili, chopped finely OR 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 T. ground coriander
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan and saute the onion and chili for a couple of minutes before adding the tomatoes, goji juice and cumin. Stir for another few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander. You can enjoy the soup as is, or if you wish, blend the soup until smooth.
- Decorate with a few fresh coriander leaves, cumin seeds and black pepper. (Optional: swirl in a teaspoon of yogurt)