Even though both of these Genesis PURE™ products begin with E, there are some big differences between these two that are important to know.
This powder is an adrenal health blend containing herbs cited to increase vitality in traditional Chinese herbal texts. It is traditionally thought to have adaptogenic properties to help the body adapt to stress. ENERGY also has a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals.
This powder has a broad spectrum of ingredients intended to help reduce free radicals and oxidation caused by exercise. These include Vitamin C, L-taurine, N-acetyl L-carnitine, Coenzyme Q10 and L-glutathione. Products intended to reduce free radicals and oxidation are commonly supplemented by many athletes.
E2 also contains a unique amino acid blend, including glutamine, tyrosine and leucine. Amino acids are important as they are the building blocks of protein and may prevent muscle breakdown during exercise.
We will break it down even more:
- Provides B vitamins, chromium and amino acids
- Excellent source of antioxidant vitamin C
- Contains no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or sweeteners – naturally sweetened with Stevia
- Contains B vitamins and caffeine intended to nutritionally support metabolism
- Contains natural sources of caffeine to support mental focus*
- Contains ingredients that supports mental clarity*
- May help improve focus*
- May help minimize fatigue*
- Contains herbs, vitamins, and minerals to help support overall health and well-being*
- Contains no preservatives
- Contains no sugars – naturally sweetened with Stevia
Despite the differences, both products share almost the same caffeine content – 100mg in E2 and 120 mg in ENERGY. For comparison, an 8 oz. cup of coffee has 1.5x more caffeine than ENERGY. A latte, however, has about ¾ the caffeine.
Caffeine is available in the blood stream within 10—20 minutes and peaks between 45-90 minutes. The half-life of caffeine is generally 3-5 hours. This means if you consume 200 mg of caffeine midday, you would still have 100 mg in your system around 4-5:00 p.m.; this will vary from person to person.
Both products contain vitamins and minerals as well as the carbohydrates glucose, fructose, and glucose polymers to help support performance of endurance exercise.