Here at PURE we are proud to celebrate Earth Day on April 22. Did you know that each year, nearly 29 million tons of plastic end up in landfills across America? Are you doing your part to recycle every day?
Look at the bottom of any PURE container or bottle and you’ll see the recycling logo. When you’ve used all the product, simply rinse out the remnants, then place the container among the rest of your plastics, cans and bottles you’re taking to the curb.
You can also upcycle your containers! Here are some creative ways to find new uses for empty containers and bottles. Have fun with these while, at the same time, making the planet a cleaner place.
- Organize your junk drawer or craft space. The GPS Adapt bottle is small enough to hold glitter or sequins. It can also hold push pins, rubber bands, pencil erasers and other small gadgets.
- Organize a tool box. The garage can quickly become a storage mess; but your toolbox doesn’t have to be. Our containers are great to hold loose nails, screws, hex nuts, etc. so you’re ready for that next project! Simply label the container with a Sharpie and voila.
- Create a coin holder for your vehicle.
- Loose tea and spices in your kitchen? Stick them into an ENERGY tub for a great airtight solution.
- Make mini ice packs, or any size for that matter. Just fill a container with water, freeze and you’re ready for those impromptu picnics or camping trips. Also great for keeping your frozen items cold while coming home from the grocery store.
- Store batteries, etc. Try screwing used containers, like Immune6, to a shelf to create hanging storage for batteries, screws, nails, nuts and bolts, etc.
- No more missing game pieces, or Legos. Use containers to store small pieces from your kids’ games.
- Keep matches dry for camping. Just glue a piece of sandpaper to the lid and you’re ready to go.
- Keep jewelry safely stored while traveling.
- Make a homemade mini first-aid kit.
- Create a memory jar with a larger container, like Organic Sulfur. Jot down memories on paper that you can read during special moments or holidays.
- Make a hide-a-key! Simply put your key in a used container and glue the cap to a rock or a pine cone.
What do you do with your empty PURE containers? Please share with us.